- Problematic text parallels can be found in the following chapters (state of analysis: 12.05.2014):
- II. Material and methods (p. 16-17)
- Gorji (2001): Substantial text in the introduction has been taken from this review paper by the 2nd examiner of the thesis. Another publication by the 2nd examiner of the thesis is also a source for copied text: Gorji (2005)
- Wikipedia Somatostatin (2008): A paragraph has been taken from the Wikipedia without attribution.
- The 2nd examiner of the thesis Prof. Dr. Gorji is also the author of Gorji (2001) and Gorji (2005), so it would have been possible for him to spot the quite substantial text parallels between the dissertation Clg (2009) and these publications.
- It seems surprising that a doctoral degree in dentistry ("doctor medicinae dentium" according to cover page) is granted for a thesis studying neural mechanisms in the rat brain.
- Currently there are 26 reviewed fragments documented that are considered to be violations of citation rules. For 19 of them there is no reference given to the source used („Verschleierungen“ and „Komplettplagiate“). For 7 fragments the source is given, but the extent of the used text is not made clear („Bauernopfer“).
- The publication has 21 pages that have been analyzed. On a total of 17 of these pages violations of citation rules have been documented. This represents a percentage of 81%. The 21 analyzed pages break down with respect to the amount of text parallels encountered as follows:
- From these statistics an extrapolation of the amount of text of the publication under investigation that has been documented as problematic can be estimated (conservatively) as about 47% of the main part of the publication.
- In all, text was taken from 15 sources.
The following chart illustrates the extent and the distribution of the text parallels found. The colours show the type of violation of citation rules diagnosed:
- grau="Komplettplagiat" (copy & paste): the source of the text parallel is not given, the copy is verbatim.
- rot="Verschleierung" (disguised copy): the source of the text parallel is not given, the copied text will be somewhat modified.
- gelb="Bauernopfer" (pawn sacrifice): the source of the text parallel is mentioned, but the extent and/or the closeness of the copy to the source is not made clear by the reference.
(state of analysis: 12.05.2014)
Nutzung von Community-Inhalten gemäß CC-BY-SA , sofern nicht anders angegeben.